Monday, January 31, 2011

Getting fit through Google

Stumbled across this video from Google:


If I only had an Android phone, I'm pretty sure that I would get that wifi weighing scale and pedometer. Actually, there should already be a pedometer app by that time.

I think autosync is a good thing. I used to (because I haven't been running in a while) really appreciate Nike+ tracking my workouts. A visual representation (especially using graphs) of your workouts can actually encourage you to push yourself more. Seing how much (or how little) you run at x pace through y distances and z times plotted in tables, graphs, or even through a "wall" can help you plan and set goals better.

If you think about it, it puts the work of a personal trainer into your hands. It's a great idea.

Of course, this is another example of how Google runs our lives. But again, I'm not complaining. I really am just waiting for Android to match up to the flawless UI that my iphone provides. I digress.

For now, I am stuck with Nike+ (which by the way is connected to my Apple devices) and I have no way of monitoring my weight. That still works, but I'm sure I'll get more progress if more of my activities were tracked.

What gets measured, gets done.

No comments: