Saturday, July 24, 2010

New Music Weekend

It's a crazy mix this week.

First, a great new find, Two Door Cinema Club.


I'm a big fan of Phoenix and I was very happily surprised to somehow have come across this band. I think I like all their songs in their album. Their album, Tourist History, which I got hold of has 10 tracks and I love all of them. I think their current single is Undercover Martyn (shown above).

Interestingly enough, the band's Facebook page has their genre listed as "alteronica". That's super awesome. Haha!

Next we have something for the more mature music lovers out there.

Seal's Soul and Harry Connick, Jr's Your Songs. Here are two of my favorite songs from the two albums. (These aren't music videos, but it's the easiest way I can put the songs here)


And for some strange reason, I've been singing this song since Sunday morning.


Okay, time to change the mood. Something more current. This next one is from the OST of Step Up 3 (yes, that 3D dance movie). Trey Lorenz with Already Taken.


Interestingly enough, this video also features dance with chalk. In Justin Beiber's Somebody To Love, they also have dancing with chalk. Is this a new trend?



No comments: