Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My love's a revolver, an iphone killer

I'm overdue for a new phone, but I'm holding on to my money till a Honeycomb phone arrives. If rumors are true, a version will materialize by Q3 this year: the HTC Revolver. Not much news about it, except for the fact that it will have the new OS.

I was supposed to get an iphone 4 by Christmas last year, but I put it on hold to balance out my spending. Good thing I did! Right now, prices of the iphones are dropping. Stocks are also starting to build and promos are popping up left and right. That only means one thing: there's probably going to be an iphone 5 soon. Already, Engadget reports a bigger 4-inch screen for the iphone 5 (in contrast to the current 3.5 inch screens). Other sources also point to a slide-out keyboard, which will be a first for the iphone series. The iphone will probably go the route of the ipods in terms of diversification: the 5 will be the touch, a new iphone nano will be the nano, and the 3Gs and 4 will be the ipod classic. Fearless forecast, Iphone 5 out by July.

Very exciting news for Apple, BUT I'm still going to wait for that Honeycomb phone. Still am clueless even as to what sense a Honeycomb OS will be of use to a small device, but I'm really after the technology. I need an Android phone that will match up to my iphone. No other smartphone is up to par up to now. The Nexus S is a close second. There are no concrete competitors in the near future. So, I'm pinning all my hopes on the Revolver and its Samsung and Google phone counterpart.

Here's Google's official Honeycomb video preview. Not as impressive as the Xoom hands on, not as sexy as a Mac, but full of potential.


Worth the wait, I tell you. Don't buy an ipad! As for me, I'm sticking to my 3GS for now.

No comments: