Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Can't Wait for Google TV

Yet another Google creation that will change our lives.

You may be thinking that the concept of internet TV isn't really new. But the difference this time is that Google TV is a platform. You don't need to buy a box to access it. It will be integrated directly into TVs or boxes (i.e. TiVo, cable box, dvd player). Just connect it to the internet, and access Google TV.

So in the same way that you can use Google search from any internet device, you can access Google TV from any Google TV-enabled device.


And as a guy who loves the internet, TV, and anything FREE. This is just perfect. It's like I get an additional cable package for free. I don't need to buy any new hardware cause the TV will come with everything I need to access Google TV. What's more, in a world where your cable doesn't provide HDTV, you can get HDTV for free streamed right to your TV.

I've improved WIFI reception to my room just for this. Too bad, I have to buy a new TV cause I just got one late last year. Still dreaming of the perfect internet/computer/TV/home entertainment system. But I am getting ahead of myself.

For now, let's all just wait.


*update* Sony has announced the first HDTV with Google TV Compatibility



No comments: