Sunday, June 27, 2010

iPhone 4 or EVO 4G: which one should you get?


How much does an EVO 4G cost? I think I want one. As per the article, same price as the iphone 4, but that's with a US plan. I've been claiming that I'm switching to Droid in about a year, why don't I just do it now?

The bigger EVO 4G has me confused. I think the iphone's current size sits pretty comfortably in my hand already. Wait. Though just testing it now I think I wouldn't really mind the extra few millimeters. The bigger screen is certainly better for videos.

Cameras I really don't care much about this feature. I'm happy with the iphone's camera thought the EVO's is apparently better.

Software I'm already on iOS4 and multitasking so far is a disappointment. Widgets seem to be interesting. But Apple sill has the edge in apps. They have more commercial apps as well. It doesn't help that EVO is a 'geek' phone YouTube on the EVO seems promising. I never really had a decent YouTube experience on my iphone. Gmail (and everything else Google), FB, and Twitter seem to work better on the EVO. I would say, considering how fast the Android app store is developing, this has to be a win for the EVO.

The poll at the end of the article has the iphone 4 and EVO 4G in a statistical tie. Interesting. Though, this is an Engadget poll. I think people who actually read Engadget aren't just marketing guinea pigs, thus the close match between the two smartphones.



No comments: